The State Asphalt Pavement Associations in NY, PA, NJ, WV, MD, and DE, have partnered with NAPA to bring this workshop webinar to our members and highway owners. The practice of low embodied carbon asphalt procurement is now a reality in our part of the US. NY recently released their green procurement policy, Delaware advised they will require EPDs with all asphalt mixes in 2024 and the NY-NJ Port Authority has implemented their Clean Construction Program. Joseph Shacat, NAPAs Director of Sustainable Pavements, will be the keynote presenter. He will provide an overview of where the Federal and State governments stand with green procurement of construction materials, why the time is now to start developing EPDs, what inputs you need to start creating EPDs and what software tool is available to produce an asphalt mix EPD. We will also have a panel of subject matter practitioners available, who have already produced EPDs for their company, to answer any questions. Please share this workshop with anyone who would benefit from getting this real time education! This is a big deal for our industry and a way and means to further our partnership with highway owners and regulatory agencies.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
• Introduction and purpose of the webinar workshop – Bruce Barkevich
• The who, what, why and how of green procurement – Joseph Shacat
• Environmental Product Declarations: What you need to create them and how to you use the Emerald Eco Label Tool to produce them? – Joseph Shacat
• Panel of Subject Matter Practitioners moderated by Mary Robbins and Charles Goodhart
• Questions and Answer Session